What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness from the common cold to more severe diseases such as SARS. The current coronavirus, is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
What are the symptoms of infection with coronavirus?
Common signs of infection include
- Acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat) with or without fever
Who is considered as a confirmed case?
Who is a suspected case?
A suspect case is someone
how came from an international travel in the 14 days before illness onset.
Close contact (see Contact definition below) in 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
AND has clinical criteria
• Acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat) with or
What should I do if I am suspetion coronavirus?
If you fulrill the top criteria, please :
- Stay Isolated. Stay inside your home as much as you can. Avoid contact with other people.
- Call coronavirus hot line
- If possible, wear a mask if you need to leave your house or travel.
- Call your local emergency department – do not attend a medical centre to avoid possibly spreading the virus.
- Maintain a distance of at least 1m from all people at all times.
If you are unsure whether you fit the above criteria, please observe the following guidelines:
- Call ahead of time to book an appointment with the Doctor – DO NOT BOOK ONLINE.
- Tell your doctor about your symptoms, travel history and any recent close contact with someone who has coronavirus.
- If you must leave home to see your doctor, wear a surgical mask (if you have one) to protect others.